About The Scholarship
All Star Purchasing has established an annual $15,000 scholarship fund in memory of our founder John D. Utterback and Henry Randolph. Up to five scholarships are awarded each year to member employees and/or their dependents.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must be seeking an undergraduate degree in food science or a related field, and must fall into at least one of these groups:
- All Star Members and their dependents
- Employees of an All Star Member and their dependents
The recommendations of the Scholarship Committee are submitted to the All Star Purchasing Board of Directors for final evaluation. The scholarships are then awarded to up to 5 applicants that have been selected. A maximum of $15,000 will be evenly distributed among the winners with no more than $5,000 awarded per person.
Scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Academic performance
- Courses related to food science
- Apparent commitment to a career in dairy/beverage/packaging/food industry
- Involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Evidence of leadership ability, initiative, character and integrity
Applications are accepted beginning on January 1st of each year. All applications and related information must be received by May 31st. Students may be awarded scholarships in multiple years.
- Download, print and complete the application form (found at the bottom of this page).
- Acquire an official transcript from all high schools (if freshman applicant), colleges and universities attended.
- Request a letter of recommendation from a faculty member familiar with the applicant’s scholastic performance. The letter should include an appraisal of the applicant’s academic ability, leadership ability, initiative, character and integrity.
- Completed applications and transcripts should be emailed to email@example.com.
Announcement of winners will be made to the student and the Member Company on or about July 1st. Scholarship winners must be enrolled during the entire academic year for which the scholarship is awarded.